Elemental Light National Juried Exhibition: July 8 - July 30, 2017
Opening Reception: Saturday, July 8 from 6-8pm
Juror: Lisa Chalif, Curator, The Heckscher Museum of Art, Huntington, NY
Submission Deadline: May 15, 2017
Sponsored by Abatelli Realty
About the Exhibition:
Elemental Light: National Juried Exhibition welcomes entries of photographically-based works showing how light is used in creating images. Photography’s very essence is light. Photographers have long sought the perfect light for their images – capturing the play of dust-speckled beams, exploring the graphics of shadows, interpreting moods of the Golden Hour, and translating colors of artificial light. Is light falling on or illuminating the subject? Is light the subject? Is it creating mysterious shadows? Does it separate the subject drastically from the background? Soft, diffused, harsh, cold, backlit, etc. All works must be framed 20 x 24 inches or smaller. This competition is open to national artists and photographers.
About the Juror:
Curator at The Heckscher Museum of Art in Huntington, New York, Lisa Chalif has organized dozens of exhibitions that focus on various aspects of the Museum’s permanent collection, as well as loan exhibits on a diverse range of subjects, including experimental photography, environmental art, appropriation, art and the automobile, and occasional solo exhibitions of Long Island artists, including photographer Joseph Szabo. Ms. Chalif coordinates The Heckscher Museum’s juried Biennial exhibitions and juries the Museum’s renowned annual high school art student show, Long Island’s Best.
- Participation in our three-week group exhibit, Elemental Light at Alex Ferrone Gallery July 8 – July 30, 2017.
- Grand Prize: Hamptons.com Advertising Package: Winner receives a Three-Month Banner Ad on the Hamptons.com Arts Page for August, September, and October of this year. Also included is one editorial article about the artist to be included in the Hamptons Weekly Brief (distributed to 14,000+ Hamptons’ subscribers). With over 2.6 million annual views, Hamptons.com is the East End’s most read media source for arts, events, lifestyle, and community happenings reaching affluent residents and summer visitors in the Hamptons. This package is valued at $2,400.
- First Place: One 18" x 24" Face-mounted Acrylic Print from Eston Photo, Famingdale, NY (with backing and standoff hanging posts complete; includes continental U.S. shipping). Valued at $325.
- Second Place: One Promaster SystemPro Professional Tripod sponsored by Berger Bros. Camera in Syosset and Huntington, New York.
- Honorable Mention: $100 Gift Certificate for Abbot Art Framing and Giclée Services, Farmingdale, New York.